DrivingTheMidwest.com Illinois Sweepstakes: Official Rules
DrivingtheMidwest.com Illinois Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- HERE’S HOW IT WORKS: The “DrivingtheMidwest.com Illinois” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01am (CT) on 8/4/11 and ends at 2:00pm (CT) on 12/5/11 (the “Promotion Period”). During various entry periods, General Motors invites you to visit www.drivingthemidwest.com (the “Website”) and comment on the Sweepstakes blog to be automatically entered into the random drawing for that entry period. Comments must be received during the entry period indicated in the chart in rule #5 to be eligible for that drawing only. Entries will not be judged, nor will they be rolled over into subsequent drawings. Entries must be received by 2:00pm (CT) on 12/5/11 to be eligible for the final drawing. Entrants MUST provide their valid email address to be eligible to enter the sweepstakes. A person can use only one email address to enter. Limit one entry per email address per entry period. Limit one prize per person or email address throughout the entire Promotion Period.
- COMMENT/ENTRY RESTRICTIONS: Comments must be in English and must be your original work. Comments cannot contain any unacceptable or identifiable commercial/corporate advertising other than those of the Sponsor (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names and slogans). The comment must not contain disparaging or defamatory statements (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group); it must not include threats to any person, place, business, or group; it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm, entity, and it must not in any way violate applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Comments must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. Comments may not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent (including but not limited to nudity or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, slanderous or libelous and may not in any way reference persons or organizations without their written permission. Comments must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Sponsor/judges reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any entry that, in their sole opinion, refers, depicts or in any way reflects negatively upon the Sponsor, the Sweepstakes or any other person or entity, or does not comply with these requirements or these Official Rules. Comments must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in sole determination of judges and/or Sponsor. By entering, entrant herby grants Sponsor the right to post comment on the Website for public viewing. Not all comments will be posted online and those posted may be removed by Sponsor at any time, for any reason. Inappropriate comments will not be eligible for the sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is open only to residents of Illinois who are 21 years of age or older who possess a valid driver’s license at time of entry. Employees of General Motors Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and internet agencies (collectively the “Released Parties”) and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
- RANDOM DRAWINGS: A random drawing will be conducted on or about each random drawing date indicated in the chart below, from among all eligible entries received within the corresponding entry timeframe indicated for that drawing. Random drawings will be conducted by D.L. Blair, Inc., an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received for each entry timeframe. In the event no eligible entries are received for an applicable entry period, the prize for that entry period will not be awarded.
- ENTRY PERIODS, AVAILABLE PRIZE(S) FOR EACH ENTRY PERIOD & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE(S) (“ARV”):
Entry Period Entry Timeframe Random Drawing Date (on or about) Prizes & ARVs 1 12:00:01am (CT) on 8/4/11 – 2:00pm (CT) on 8/8/11 8/9/11 (1) Prize – Use of a Chevrolet Suburban for 7 consecutive days with one full tank of gas, and a $50 Sponsor-specified gift card ($350) 2 12:00:01am (CT) on 8/16/11 – 2:00pm (CT) on 8/22/11 8/23/11 (1) Prize – Four (4) admission tickets to the Chicago White Sox vs. Detroit Tigers baseball game at US Cellular Field in Chicago, IL, on 9/13/11 and the use of a Sponsor-specified Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicle for 7 consecutive days with one full tank of gas ($500). Transportation to/from baseball game is not included. 3 12:00:01am (CT) on 8/31/11 – 2:00pm (CT) on 9/6/11 9/7/11 (2) Prizes – Four (4) admission tickets to the Chicago Cubs vs. Milwaukee Brewers baseball game at Wrigley Field in Chicago, IL, on 9/19/11 and the use of a Sponsor-specified Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicle for 7 consecutive days with one full tank of gas ($200 per prize). Transportation to/from baseball game is not included. 4 12:00:01am (CT) on 9/10/11 – 2:00pm (CT) on 9/14/11 9/15/11 (1) Prize – Four (4) one-day admission tickets to Six Flags Great America and the use of a Sponsor-specified Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicle for 7 consecutive days with one full tank of gas ($540). Tickets expire 10/30/11. Transportation to/from park is not included. 5 12:00:01am (CT) on 9/30/11 – 2:00pm (CT) on 10/6/11 10/7/11 (1) Prize – Use of a Sponsor-specified Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicle for 7 consecutive days with one full tank of gas, and a $50 Sponsor-specified gift card ($350) 6 12:00:01am (CT) on 10/17/11 – 2:00pm (CT) on 10/21/11 10/24/11 (1) Prize – Use of a Chevrolet Camaro for 7 consecutive days with one full tank of gas, and a $125 Sponsor-specified gift card ($425) 7 12:00:01am (CT) on 11/1/11 – 11:59:59pm (CT) on 11/6/11 11/7/11 (1) Prize – Use of a Sponsor-specified Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicle for 7 consecutive days with one full tank of gas ($300) 8 12:00:01am (CT) on 11/29/11 – 2:00pm (CT) on 12/5/11 12/6/11 (1) Prize – Use of a Sponsor-specified Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac vehicle for 7 consecutive days with one full tank of gas, and a $100 Sponsor-specified gift card ($400)
Use of vehicle is subject to additional restrictions set forth by General Motors. Winners must schedule use of vehicle within 4 weeks after they have been notified, must possess a valid driver’s license during use of vehicle and will be required to sign an additional release form for use of GM vehicle. Ticket prizes will be sent via mail to the street address provided on release forms. Sponsor is not responsible for postponement or cancellation of any baseball game or issues arising from baseball game venue operation and management. In the event a baseball game is cancelled or postponed for any reason, including due to weather, lock-out or strike, and/or winner does not meet GM requirements for use of vehicle, or does not sign required forms, Sponsor will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof but the remainder of the prize will be awarded, as applicable. Terms and conditions of gift cards apply. Prizes consist of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize. Limit one prize per household.
- GENERAL RULES: By entering, entrants certify that the comment is their own original work and holds all rights to the comment, that the comment has not won a previous prize or award and that entrant followed the Official Rules of the Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by email at the address they provided when posting their comment on the Website and will be required to complete and return a Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release (collectively “Documents”) within three (3) days of attempted delivery of same. Potential winners must have access to a printer and scanner or fax machine for the return of required Documents. Noncompliance or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification without further notice and an alternate winner may be selected. No substitution or transfer of prize by winner permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. All taxes and fees, if applicable, are the sole responsibility of winner. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If an entrant submits more than the stated number of entries permitted, and/or if the Sponsor suspects that an entrant attempted to obtain additional entries by using multiple email addresses, registrations, identities or any other method, all entries submitted by the entrant may be declared null and void. By accepting prize, winners agree to hold Released Parties harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of prize. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Released Parties to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law. Entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all liability and damages. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the judges’ decisions which are final. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prizes.
NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Not responsible for faulty, incorrect or mistranscribed phone transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user’s ability to participate in the promotion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user’s email account to receive email. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by Sponsor/judging agency/administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and the drawing for all remaining prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to termination. In the event a dispute arises between the entrant and the authorized e-mail account holder regarding specific individual entitled to receive prize, entry made by Internet will be declared made by the “authorized email account holder” who must meet all eligibility requirements. “Authorized email account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Participant may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the participant is the authorized email account holder of the email address associated with the account/submission. Any damage made to the Web Site by an entrant will be the responsibility of the entrant and/or the authorized email account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries and/or required Documents will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.
- WINNERS: For the names of winners for each entry period, visit www.drivingthemidwest.com throughout the Promotion Period.
SPONSOR: General Motors Company, 100 Renaissance Center, Detroit, MI 48265.