Tech Week 2012 – Don’t Miss Out!
By: Stevie Hoey
June 25, 2012 12:17 pm CT
Last week, we announced the start of Tech Week and invited all attendees and Chicagoans interested in “green” technology and electric vehicles to visit us at the Merchandise Mart and test drive the Chevy Volt.
There is still time to test drive a Chevy Volt and experience 4G technology integrated in one of the electric vehicles on display. Test drives continue through Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Participants must be at least 21 years of age and present a valid driver’s license.
So far, Tech Week attendees heard Chicago Mayor Rahm Emmanuel speak about the state of technology in Chicago, learned how social media is changing our lives from Hootsuite CEO Ryan Holmes and networked with founders of start-up companies. The Chicago Sun-Times also shared information about the 4G Chevy Volt with their readers.
Here are a number of interesting panels and workshops during the final days of Tech Week.
- Learn how tech and social interactions intersect by Social Media Club Chicago
- Listen to startup success stories on a panel with ADrinkWithChicago.com
- Discover the lifestyles of the fashionable and web savvy
- Hear from keynote speaker and GrubHub CEO Matt Maloney
- Understand how Gian Fulgoni, co-founder of comScore is changing how the world sees digital advertising
- Learn how Veteran Central presents a new generation of web services for American Veterans
Did you attend Tech Week? Tell us what you learned, or how you felt driving the Chevrolet Volt, in the comments!